Have you ever dreamed of working in sports? Here is your chance to get involved with Sky Blue FC!
Sky Blue FC an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Game Day Volunteer
Become a member of the Sky Blue FC game day staff for all of the team’s home matches at Yurcak Field. Various functions regarding set-up, in-game management and breakdown of game day operations are needed to be filled, providing a great way for you to gain experience within the world of professional sports. All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
Ticket Sales Account Executive
Sky Blue FC of the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) is seeking a Ticket Sales Account Executive for its upcoming 2018 season.
- Sell season, individual and group tickets to Sky Blue FC home games.
- Actively pursue and develop relationships with organizations in the community.
- Generate leads through research of the local business community.
- Grow and maintain an organized database and track new sales leads.
- Game day responsibilities include the execution of various sales initiatives and experiences for clients.
- Assist at team functions and events as needed.
- Represent Sky Blue FC in a professional and positive manner.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Passion for sales and a willingness to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Prior work experience in sales or sports administration is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude, takes initiative, team player.
- Detail-oriented, ability to successfully multi-task.
- Proficiency with database applications and Microsoft Office is a plus.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Sky Blue FC is currently offering several internships for the 2018 season in communications, sales, operations and finance. Below are the descriptions for each position:
Sales/Marketing (1-2 positions):
- Assist in selling season, individual, and group tickets
- Actively pursue and develop relationships with community organizations
- Generate leads through research of local businesses and clubs
- Execute various sales initiatives on game day and meet with clients/fans
- Assist at team functions as needed
Communications (1-2 positions):
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have both print and broadcast experience (i.e. be able to write and work a camera)
- Be proficient with editing software
- Have good interviewing skills
- Knowledgeable in soccer
- Has his/her own laptop with editing software and/or adobe programs
- Please provide several media examples (i.e. print, broadcast, design, etc.) when applying
Operations (1-2 positions):
- Assist with daily front office operations
- Assist with needs of the First Team and Reserve Team (player administration, equipment management, team travel, logistics, etc)
- Aide in the set up and break down of stadium for home games
- Research, plan, and execute events in the community
- Support sales/marketing efforts
Finance (1 position):
- Reliable, detail oriented with basic accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of excel Knowledge of Quickbooks a plus
- Assist with bank reconciliations, accounts payables, game day sales reports
- Must be available the majority of game days to assist with cash reconciliations for Merchandise and box office
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ideal candidate ought to be professional, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and external communication skills; ability to maintain smooth working relationships with all internal staff and management.
- This individual should provide helpful and courteous customer service to all vendors and guests and have the ability to problem solve as needed.
- Must be detail-orientated, ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner, be well organized and able to prioritize efficiently, and have excellent oral and written skills.
- Must be proficient w/ the following computer programs: Microsoft Office, Adobe.
*NOTE: All internships are unpaid and travel costs will not be reimbursed.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.