- HometownManalapan, New Jersey
Professional soccer career and achievements (i.e. honors, championships, etc.):
- Amazon Grimstad FK
- Sky Blue FC
- Selected to 2013 USL W-League All-Conference Team
National/International appearances and achievements:
- Played in Norway for Amazon Grimstad FK – was their starting Outside Back playing in Norway’s top league (Toppserien).
Olympic Development Program (ODP) – National Pool Invite
- Russia (Krymsk) March 3-15, 2008 (with U19G Team, including national players)
- Brazil (Rio de Janeiro) April 13-22, 2007 (with combined U17/U18G team, including national players)
- National Development Camp Feb16-22, 2007 (Sacramento, California)
- UK International Tournament (Region 1) – started & played with USA U17s against Northern Ireland, Scotland & Holland U17 Women’s National Teams April 10-14, 2006 (Bristol, England) – scoring equalizer against Scotland
- National Camp Feb 17-22, 2006 (Houston, Texas)
- 3 v 3 National Champion – 2005 Got Soccer Shoot-out National Tour
College career and achievements (including academic):
- Soccer Buzz Top 50 recruit
- Big East Conference Academic All-Star
- School of Science Academic Scholar
- Dean’s List/Honors
High School career and achievements (including academic):
- All-County, All-District, All-Division, All-Shore (2004-2008)
2006 New Jersey Star Ledger Most Unsung Player
- 2004 Monmouth University Women’s Academic and Athletic Excellence Award
United States Achievement Academy Award for English Nomination (2004-2008)
- National Merit Scholar
Personal information and other interesting off-field aspects:
- BA: English/Psychology
- Loves music, writing, photography, cinematography, and TO DANCE
- Plays the guitar, piano, ukulele, and harmonica
- Father played soccer and was a team captain at Syracuse from 1981-85, where he was selected to the Senior Bowl as one of the top 22 seniors in the country. He was drafted to play professionally with the ASL Houston Dynamos and further, continued to play with a semi-pro league for over 20 years. Currently is a head coach for NJ Olympic Development Program.
- Mother is the smartest person in the world.
- Speaks Spanish and English
- Loves God
- Plans to complete her PhD in Clinical Psychology (specialization: Sports Psychology)
- I am spiritually driven by love and compassion toward my fellow human beings. If super heroes were to exist, I would love to be one. I don’t need the recognition, except within myself. The tasks ahead of us are daunting. I cannot stop world hunger, cure cancer, and right all the wrongs by myself, but I do believe in the power of one. I take my itsy bitsy “power of one” very seriously. If we each and all decided to realize our best potential, and are committed to helping others compassionately, can you imagine what we could accomplish? So I will never point the finger asking others what they’re doing to change the world; I must do what I ought to do. I aim to constantly make the world a better place, bringing people back to their roots, pushing them to excel, and be the best version of themselves, and it all starts with me being who I ought to be. My beliefs as a person are rooted in love and forgiveness. In my short life, I’ve been through my rollercoaster of experiences and through each one I have grown and changed for the better, always using each situation as a lesson and visualizing the silver lining beyond adversity.
Most memorable soccer moment:
Debuting with Sky Blue FC (2013) and then seeing my parent’s faces in the stands after the game—Mom teary-eyed and Dad with the widest smile. It was the sweetest thing.
What do you love most about soccer?
It’s a way to allow one’s soul to speak.